Welcome to Truman
Dear Parents and Guardians:
On behalf of the staff at Truman Middle School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2018-19 school year! We are looking forward to a very productive partnership with you to ensure our students can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that to be successful in school, our students need support from both home and school. We know strong partnerships with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our students’ success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time with supplies ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all classroom and homework assignments and turn them in on time (Be a 100% Club Member)
- Reads daily to develop literary fluency and comprehension skills as well as a love for reading
- Share school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life (Ask every day how is school?)
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any subject
- Takes advantage of Truman tutoring and support options (EDGE, AVID, before school, during lunch, and after school targeted practice)
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed and go on to post-secondary education institutions
A goal of Truman is to build quality partnerships with our community. We encourage you to join our PTSA and school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. Every year we lose PTSA officers and members as their children move on to high school so we really need new PTSA members and officers. PLEASE SIGN UP TODAY!!! We would also love to have volunteers help student with the following activities:
- Reading with children who need extra reading practice
- Mentoring students who need positive role models
- Chaperones for field trips, dances, and other school events
I am very excited for my fifth year at Truman Middle School. The staff and I have implemented some systems and programs to ensure that Truman will be a beacon for social justice. We want to be a school where all students reach their full academic and social potential. We will be the school where students will be celebrated and their achievements highlighted. We believe this will be a charmed year for our students academically as well as socially and emotionally. The outstanding Truman staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this tremendous learning environment.
Thanks for your support and I look forward to meeting you all!
Principal, Truman M.S.